Depression is characterised by a depressed mood and a loss of interest or pleasure for 2 weeks.
If you are experiencing 5 of the following, these may be signs of depression:
- Feeling depressed most of the day, almost every day.
- A loss of interest or pleasure in most activities most of the day almost every day.
- Significant weight loss or gain, or changes in appetite.
- Sleeping more or less than usual.
- Restlessness, agitation, decreased activity, slowed down movements.
- Fatigue or energy loss.
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt.
- Concentration problems, indecisiveness.
- Recurrent thoughts of death, suicide thoughts, plans or attempts.
Psychological help for depression includes:
- Regulating mood
- Dealing with negative thoughts
- Activity planning and managing
- Regulating sleep
- Coping with feelings of worthlessness and guilt
- Contact with social support
- Medication when needed.
I can offer you help by focusing on understanding how the depression got hold of your life and how you can empower yourself back against the tyranny of depression.
Please contact me for more information or an appointment.
Phone: 0543 688 5156
+90 212 230 59 19